Monday, July 15, 2013

Strength for my Heart

On Friday the 12th I had reached a mini crisis of heart.  I was down.  Our home study was paid for, but HOW were we ever going to have the money to pay our agency fees?  I went into the bathroom and just cried.  After a time of crying, I began to cry out to the Lord and tell Him how I was feeling.  I didn't leave the bathroom that night with any answers, but it felt good to talk to Him about it instead of just being grumpy and sad.

When I woke up the next morning it was to a Facebook post from Alison McLennon. ( Alison and her husband Tim traveled to Rwanda at the same time we did to bring home their little girl, we have been so blessed by them time and again!)  Her post stated they would match donations up to $1,000!  I spent the day in awe as donation after donation came in taking up all the way to$1,000!  Dillon and I went out that night for our anniversary amazed at how our family and friends rallied around to complete the goal!

We have so much more to raise, but it is things like this that keep my heart ready for the next day.  It was strength for the journey and a great reminder that we are not in this alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment